- Migrated from old Compatlib to AndroidX
- Migrated to new restapi module (com.ibm.cloudvideo.android.restapi v0.2.3)
- Fixed connection issues on older Android versions
- Fixed an issue where starting another broadcast quickly right after the first one is finished could in some cases cause the seconds to stall at starting state.
- Minor improvements and bug fixes around diagnostics to help us better trace potential issues.
- RTMPS support. The SDK automatically uses TLS secured RTMP connections by default from now on.
- The SDK on devices running Android 6.0 or earlier might crash when the internet connection goes down during a broadcast.
- Lifecycle of DiagnosticID. The implicit 30 minutes timeout of DiagnosticID has been removed, now it always resets after the end of a broadcast.
This way every broadcast session has its own diagnosticID. As a best practice we recommend using the
AndroidBroadcasterwhen the preview is started (happens in the
onReady()state callback). Consult the documentation (README.md) section “Diagnosing a problem” for more information.
- 5 seconds delay before the RTMP tunnel is closed to try to mitigate stream end cut-off. (Includes new
- New HTTP error code parameter in
- possible AAC issues
- Ability to broadcast
- Change camera between broadcasts
- Authenticator to help with IBM auth flow